XYZulu take security very seriously and we want you to do same. We are pleased to announce that 2 factor authentication (2FA) is now available to all our valued clients.
To activate two factor authentication, please visit our support article: Enabling two factor authentication (2FA) for your XYZulu Customer Portal login
What is 2FA?
Please read this post: Why do I need 2FA?
Another security essential is using a password manager. Please be sure to read this post: Overwhelmed with passwords?
Let us help you to stay safe online!
Do you have a mobile phone or mobile device? If so, this post is for you.
We often don’t stop to think about the important role our mobile security plays in protecting our digital assets. But just think about what issues you might face if your mobile was stolen and the thief was able to access your apps/data. Would they be able to transfer money out of your bank account? Use your email to reset your email password? Could they have a sms with a verification code sent to your phone so they could reset the password to a number of other services you are subscribed to?
Here are our top 3 simple steps to secure your mobile:
- Have a numeric PIN of at least 6 digits set. A PIN of 4 digits is relatively easy to guess. With a day or 2 to spare a thief or hacker could easily guess your PIN, not so with a 6 digit PIN.
- Use TouchID or fingerprint access for any apps that support this method of login. If your device comes with a built in fingerprint reader, use it, whenever you can. This can provide an extra layer of security without the hassle of a password or PIN code when you open a banking app.
- Enable a “find my phone” option on your mobile device. For example see the options on iOS and Android. You need to enable these options BEFORE your phone is stolen, do it now. Once this is enabled, you can remotely wipe your phone if it is stolen.
Do you have any tips of your own? Any questions regarding the ones mentioned above? We look forward to hearing from you.
XYZulu have been in the hosting business since 2000. Our offerings are aimed at people who are proficient enough to manage their own website, but may also require some help with setting up DNS, Email, CDN etc.
7 reasons YOUR business needs US
- We own and operate our business. This means we personally monitor all areas to ensure our valued customers are being provided the highest level of service.
- Support. Via our help desk we will provide you prompt support. Prefer to talk? We’re happy to chat with you.
- Our regular posts will teach you to keep safe online. Here are some recent examples:
- Extensive experience. We have many years experience in the webhosting field and have a broad knowledge of other complementary products and services to help your business reach its full potential. For example: We also offer advanced features like free SSL/HTTPS and multiple versions of php.
- Need a new website or maybe just a redesign? Our design partners On Time Marketing can make it happen.
- Domain name registration and renewals? No problems, we offer both. We offer more than just .com domains, see: Is the .com all there is? We can transfer your domain to us (a free service) so you can manage your domain and hosting all in one convenient place.
- We accept a wide variety of payment methods (Paypal, VISA, MC, AMEX and even Bank Transfer) with no surcharges.
Our regular posts will teach you to keep safe online
What are you waiting for? Join us now!